Hal Wiedeman has over 30 years of experience and began his career with Wiedeman and Singleton in 1984. His undergraduate degree is in Civil Engineering from Rice University in a structural engineering-focused program, and he obtained his Master's Degree from Georgia Institute of Technology in Environmental Engineering. Mr. Wiedeman's professional career has been entirely focused on the design and planning of municipal water and wastewater facilities. He is involved in the following:
- American Society of Civil Engineers
- American Water Works Association
- Georgia Association of Water Professionals (member committee chairman 2012 – 2014)
- Water Infrastructure Security Enhancements Committee of ASCE
- Water Supply Engineering Committee of ASCE
- ASCE/AWWA Water Treatment Design Manual Committee (4th Edition).